You are in the middle of your wedding planning and you have come to the part where it is time to book your makeup artist for your big day! After checking various websites and instagram accounts you finally find one who seems to be the perfect match for you and the makeup artist is now asking you when you’d like to do the trial. A trial? Do I really need a trial?
Below I have listed five reasons to why I think it’s very important to do a makeup trial with your makeup artist prior to the wedding!
1. The Artist – Your makeup artist is going to be with you and your bridal party most of the morning of the biggest day of your life. Make sure it is a person you like, someone you “click” with and who is relaxed and comfortable to be around!
2. The Products – whether you have sensitive skin or not, it is always a good idea to try out the products the makeup artist will be using for your look. The last thing you want is to get some sort of allergic reaction on your wedding day!
3. The Look – having a trial prior to the wedding means you get a chance to try out all the different looks you have in mind and see which one suits you the best!
4. The fun – make the trial day a fun day out with your made of honor or someone else from your bridal party. Get pampered (try to book your hair trial at the same time or at least the same day so you can get the complete look) and why not make the most of it and go out for some drinks or dinner after!
5. The kit – once the trial is done and you are happy with the final result you can ask your makeup artist what products have been used to create the look so you can buy some of them to keep in your touch up kit during your wedding day!
I hope this has helped you a little bit with deciding on whether to have a makeup trial or not. If you have any questions or thoughts, please feel free to contact me!
– Charlotte –
Leave A Comment